Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sector 42

http://www.box.com/s/ivb4lctik3p457e41562



Sector 42 is a scrolling shooter akin to Galaga, with waves of enemies that spawn procdeurally, and weapon powerups of different varieties.

Probably the most fun part of making Sector 42 was creating the pseudo-retro look and feel of the game, with the monochrome pixelated graphics, yet smooth particle and blur effects. The only thing that I did not make myself was the music, which I had a friend synthesize for me (the tracks are pretty rocking, too ^.^)

Although I must say, through learning Sector 42, I learned that truly engrossing gameplay doesn't come cheap. The levels were easy to design formulas for, but I always found the gameplay lacking something.


Nevertheless, it's still pretty fun, if I may say to myself.

~Armando Alemán

No comments:

Post a Comment